During COVID-19 and the requirements to socially distance, we are disappointed that we are not able to hold our hugely popular Living With Kidney Cancer Days. So, we have reinvented them as #LWKC Webinars and they are online via Zoom. To join any of our webinars (all free) please email email@example.com stating the name and date of the webinar you would like to join and we will send you the log in details. You will not be able to join without the details so, please email early.
To adjust to these difficult times we have already successfully established our very popular ‘Coffee Cake & Chat’ online groups, where we welcome one-and-all to join us in these informal and relaxed groups. We are now delighted to launch our newly focused #LWKC Webinars which will feature key topics, important to patients, carers and their families right across the UK for each of the events. We will be welcoming key speakers from all areas of kidney cancer treatments and support including world-renowned consultants, surgeons, radiologists and CNS’s to help inform and answer any questions.
We will present #LWKC Webinars on a range of relevant topics you maybe interested in and be looking for support and advice on, including surgery, treatment, side effects, clinical trials, work and finance. All of our webinars will be delivered by expert speakers who will really help inform you, including people speaking about their own experience of treatment and living with and beyond kidney cancer.
All dates and details of our #LWKC Webinars and our Coffee, Cake and Chat meetings will be promoted across all our social media platforms on Kidney Cancer UK Facebook, Kidney Cancer Scotland Facebook. Please look at the ‘Events’ section or click the link next to the event you would like to attend, but please, make sure you book your place as this is invitation only.
Coming #LWKC Webinars for 2021
*To Be Announced*
Previous #LWKC Webinars
Clinical Trials available in the UK
Thursday June 17th 2021 4pm
We are very please to announce that the next FREE #LWKCWebinar will be on Thursday 17th June at 4pm. The subject of the webinar will be ‘Clinical trials available in the UK’ and our featured speakers will be the renown, Professor Thomas Powles, Director, Bart’s Cancer Centre, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, and Professor Rob Jones, Professor of Clinical Cancer Research (Clinical Trials Research) from The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre.
Advancements in Metastatic Kidney Cancer
April 28th 2021 10:00 AM
We were delighted to welcome our special guest speaker, Professor Thomas Powles, Director of Bart’s Cancer Centre at St Bartholomew’s Hospital London who talked about advancements in metastatic kidney cancer as well as answering many interesting questions from patients. The result was a totally engaging and informative presentation from one of the leading lights in treatments of kidney cancer.
Talking kidney cancer treatments
Wednesday 3rd February
Let’s talk about Work
Monday 7th December
This #LWKC webinar focuses on work issues related to kidney cancer.
- Ashleigh Scott, specialist health and work practitioner, Beatson Cancer Charity–planning a supported return to or staying in the workplace
- Darren Roberts- a perspective of working while on treatment for kidney cancer
- Elaine Boyd- a perspective of working while caring for a loved one with kidney cancer
- Speakers will be joined by the rest of the team of specialist health and work practitioners for a question and answer session at the end.
Treating Small Kidney Tumours – an overview of surgery and cryoablation
Friday 9th October 10:00 – 11:00
This #LWKC Webinar will focus on an overview of cryoablation and surgical treatment and feature guest speakers including Dr Des Alcorn and Mr Grenville Oades, with patient story from Mike Tunstall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your personal invite including the Zoom log in details. Please also please include any questions you might like to ask in the webinar within your email.
Cancer & Money
Tuesday 29th September 10:00-11:00
This webinar was about benefits and what might you be entitled too. We were joined by Claire Farrell from Benefits Advice Shop.
Recording not available.
PAST Living with Kidney Cancer days
What attendees have said about our past Living with Kidney Cancer days:
AM, Plymouth ; “Very informative day”
RT, Plymouth ; “The day was good to access information from medical professionals and other patients.”
JT, London ; “They gave me information that the hospital didn’t”
Anonymous, Birmingham ; “The most informative point of the process I have had, far more than the NHS.”
Leeds – 7th February 2020 (Green Friday) Click to read Agenda
Glasgow – 20th November – Hilton Grosvenor, 1-9 Grosvenor Terrace, Glasgow
Liverpool – 15th November – Marriott Hotel, One Queen Square, Liverpool, L1 1RH
Swansea – Friday 18th October – The Dragon Hotel, 39 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5LS
Birmingham – Thursday 19th September – Novotel, 70 Broad Street, Birmingham
Ashford (Kent) – Thursday 20th June – The Holiday Inn, Canterbury Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8QQ
Plymouth – Thursday, February 7th – The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Armada Way, Plymouth, PL1 2HJ
- Click for agenda COMMENTS FROM ATTENDEES:
- “Very informative day”
A M, Plymouth 2019;
- “The day was good to access information from medical professionals and other patients.”
R T, Plymouth 2019;
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne – Wednesday 1st May – Copthorne Hotel, The Close, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3RT
- Click for agenda COMMENTS FROM ATTENDEES:
- “Reassured that my doubts and fears were well addressed during the day by both the medical staff and patients.”
- “(the) day was wonderful, I didn’t feel alone when here”
- “A very informative day, and it was good to meet other people who have had the same condition.”
London: 7th June 11:45am – 15:00pm – Keats House, Keats Grove, Hampstead, London, NW3 2RR
- Click for London Agenda COMMENTS FROM LONDON ATTENDEES:
“As always, come away feeling more informed, positive and not alone in this journey.”
Rose Killick, London 2018
- “They gave me information that the hospital didn’t!”
John Taylor, London 2018
Exeter: 11th July 9:45am – 15:30-2pm Buckerall Lodge –Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4SQ
Click for Exeter Agenda COMMENTS FROM EXETER ATTENDEES:
- “Very comprehensive informative presentations”
Ian Pring, Exeter 2018
- “An excellent, informative day which would help all renal cancer patients (and professionals)”
Stephen Driscoll, Exeter 2018
Aberdeen: 30th August 9.45am- 15.30pm DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City Centre AB24 5EF
Click for Aberdeen Agenda (Subject to change)
Birmingham: 13th September 9:45am -15:00pm Novotel Birmingham Centre hotel, 70 Broad Street, Birmingham
Click for Birmingham Agenda (Subject to change) COMMENTS FROM BIRMINGHAM ATTENDEES:
- “The information day has helped me realise that I am not alone and that there are people positively dealing with the same issues as me.”
Nathan Kennedy, Brighton 2018
- “The most informative point of the process I have had far more than the NHS.”
Anonymous, Brighton 2018
Brighton: 17th October 9:45 – 3:00 The American Express Community Stadium Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BL
Click for Brighton Agenda (Subject to change) COMMENTS FROM BRIGHTON ATTENDEES:
- “Kidney Cancer UK is such an amazing charity and today has been so beneficial due to the information and presentations given.”
Peter Wynn, Brighton 2018
- ‘Great help gave me better understanding of kidney cancer.’
John Mence, Brighton 2018
Stirling: 7th November 9.45am- 15.30pm Colessio Hotel Stirling FK8 1DX
Manchester: 22nd November , 9:45am – 15:00pm The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, M50 3AZ
Click for Manchester Agenda COMMENTS FROM MANCHESTER ATTENDEES:
- “Very helpful and illuminating day.”
Jeffrey Wynn Davies, Manchester 2018
- “A very informative day, and it is good to meet and talk to other people who also have this illness.”
Carol Ives, Manchester 2018
- “Bringing people together in similar situations helps widen support and understanding.”
Ross Mallett, Manchester 2018
*All details are correct at time of publication and all agendas are subject to change without notice.
The following companies have supported the 2019 events with an unrestricted educational grant: