Becoming a Community Collector Cambridgeshire & surrounding regions is an exciting opportunity to create positive change and meet like-minded people. Share your ideas, from fundraising activities to raising awareness in your local area; everyone is welcome!
As a charity we receive no government funding and rely solely on the generosity of the public through donations, fundraising and community collectors. This funding allows us to provide free patient support services and counselling to those living with kidney cancer, as well as vital research. Due to government restrictions during the pandemic our income drastically decreased by 90%. We are now trying to recover from our recent financial loss and need support now more than ever as we move forward from COVID-19.
Being a collector involves:-
- Key Activities:
- Holding collections to raise funds for Kidney Cancer UK in and around the Cambridgeshire region. Increase awareness by distributing information materials and promoting campaigns in your local area, this helps to raise the profile of the charity. Collections may be in supermarkets, football grounds, or in high streets. Our team will organise all fundraising opportunities in relevant locations and provide any necessary resource materials.
- Time Commitment: Collections can range from 2 hours to approximately eight hours, you may be required to work independently or as part of the local collections team.
- This role is on an ad hoc basis, dependent on successful applications for Supermarket and street collection dates and licences.
- This is a commission-based opportunity which includes reimbursement for travel and refreshment expenses, although there may be some team members who prefer to work with us on a purely voluntary basis.
- To discuss this opportunity please complete the form below.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent social skills
- Organisation and planning
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Cash handling
- Experience in Community Collection advantage but not required
- Confident in dealing with the public