Your basket is currently empty!
Gino D’ACampo’s Yoghurt Ice Cream with Berries & Honey
A fantastically easy ice cream – there’s no whipping of cream needed; just toss all the ingredients into a blender, whizz and freeze! Using yogurt is also much healthier than using cream and frozen berries will get you closer to achieving your five-a-day, so this is a good one for the kids. Ok, it’s not the traditional Italian gelato . . . but it’s every bit as good.
Recipe extracted from Gino’s Healthy Italian For Less by Gino G’Acampo, published by Hodder & Stoughton on 18th May, £20
Photograph © Tamin Jones
- 500g frozen mixed berries (Gino used blackberries, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants)
- 500g of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 5 tablespoons runny honey (or to taste)
- 1 Vanilla extract
- Put the berries, yogurt, honey and vanilla into a food processer and blitz until smooth. Taste the mixture, as it might need a little extra honey.
- Pour into a 1-litre freezer proof lidded container and transfer to the freezer for 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10–15 minutes before you want to serve this to soften slightly. Scoop into bowls and serve with a little biscuit on the side.
- GINO’S TIP: You can use other frozen fruit here if you want a variety of flavours