During this exceptional time, we’re finding ourselves cooking at home more than ever – and for people living with a medical condition who have been advised to stay at home for an extended period, there’s no better time to provide simple and healthy recipes to make things easier.
Here’s the first of three recipes for people living with kidney cancer – to address common gastrointestinal complaints.
If you find your condition leads to an upset stomach – here’s a few ingredients that may help…
1 – Apple sauce
2 – 90% cocoa chocolate
3 – Dried blueberries
And here’s a great dish to try out…
See the description for information on these ingredients and links to more diet supportand and ideas.
- 800g - 1kg Blueberries (fresh or dried)
- 1 Orange
- 1 Tsp All Spice
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 75g Rolled Oats
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 40g Desiccated Coconut
- Set oven temperature to 180 C / 356 F.
- Pour your blueberries into a large baking dish do not worry if there is more than one layer of berries thicker the better.
- Mix into your dish the orange juice, zest, ginger and all spice.
- Cube the butter and place in a bowl, then add the flour and rub between your fingers to make small crumbs.
- Add the sugar, rolled oats, desiccated coconut - mix.
- Scatter a thick and even layer of crumb mixture over the blueberries, making sure all the fruit is covered evenly. Lightly push down on the mixture, tightly packing your crumble.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until your crust is golden.
- Delicious served up warm, with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut or how about a dollop of ice cream?
*Date of prep: May2020 Document number: ALL-GB-000124