Your basket is currently empty!
Our expert benefits advisor, Mark, is a survivor of kidney cancer, having been diagnosed in September 2019, and overcoming the physical & psychological effects of the diagnosis. This period of healing would not have been for the support he received from Kidney Cancer UK, their counselling services, regular virtual coffee mornings/evenings and the FB support group. Mark wondered how he could “pay it forward”.
He approached the charity to see what he could do, and he suggested the charity could utilise his skills and knowledge of the benefits system.
Mark has a wealth of experience within the benefits system, having spent 13 years in working age benefit departments with the Department for Work and Pensions.
The expertise Mark offers:
- A significant understanding of Universal Credit and how it is calculated based on a customer’s personal circumstances.
- In conjunction with Universal Credit, Mark can provide support with navigating the health journey and what actions to take when a customer is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Able to provide advice regarding Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
Your responsibilities to maintaining a claim to a benefit
- You must report all changes in your circumstances e.g. change of address
- Provide accurate and complete information during the claim process and throughout the lifetime of a claim
Mark cannot offer a decision on a benefit claim. All customers are entitled to an official decision made by the department for which the claim to a benefit has been made, this is known as a Secretary of State Decision.
Although Mark is able to provide advice for patients in England, Scotland and Wales, he is unable to provide advice for patients who live in Northern Ireland
- Information for patients who live in Northern Ireland
- Information on becoming an appointee
- Making a claim to Universal Credit
- Making a claim for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Appealing benefit Decisions
Contact Mark Williams
If you would like to ask Mark a question, please use the form below and remember to include your contact details so he or a member of our team can get back to you. Please note that due to the nature and subject of the calls by default all calls from Mark will be recorded. If you don’t want your call recorded your question will be answered via email.
OPEN 5 DAYS A WEEK
0800 002 9002