Kidney Cancer UK is looking to expand its Health Professional Team to work in England.
The role involves working with our Health Professional Team to plan for the provision of Patient Care both in the area of Careline support, Patient Events, and in all areas of direct or indirect support that the charity offers both to the patient and their immediate families and carers, in particular in the South of England.
- Be a knowledgeable, familiar, and supportive voice for patients on our Careline service and in our closed Facebook group
- Highlight the support the charity offers to patients and cancer centres through our support groups, literature, and available grants at every opportunity
- Build and develop these support groups and other patient events
- Build strong, lasting, and meaningful working relationships with clinical teams at cancer centres across your area
- Be confident in writing and presenting submissions to NICE
- Build relationships with key local and national MPs
- Be a voice of the charity in cancer groups such as Cancer 52, All.Can and Advanced Cancers Coalition
- Be the face of the charity to patients and healthcare professionals at all times.
- Deliver a world class support service to patients, carers and their families
- Together with other members of the Health Professional team ensure our webpages are gold standard when it comes to information on any new or emerging treatments, support information, kidney cancer statistics
Location : East Anglia, London or South East of England
Key Skills Required
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good IT skills
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- Ideally of worked in Oncology, but not essential