Your basket is currently empty!
About This Role
This is a new role for the charity and a chance to make your mark and grow with us.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Fundraising to lead and deliver Kidney Cancer UK’s fundraising strategy and play a key role in our Senior Management Team. The Head of Fundraising will oversee income from corporate supporters, major donors, and trusts and foundations. This is a freelance, fixed term contract role. The role will be part-time initailly, 3 days per week (£30,000.00) rising to 5 days per week ((£50,000.00) as the role develops.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will work closely with our General Manager.
This is an exciting time to join Kidney Cancer UK as we build the charity into the future you will be a key part of the management team. You will also have the chance to grow a significant new income stream for Kidney Cancer UK through designing our major donor fundraising strategy.
Above all else, you are an experienced and dynamic fundraiser with a strong track record of leading a successful fundraising operation at a senior level. You will have a background in grants fundraising and ideally strong experience in either corporate or major donor fundraising. You’ve had demonstrable success in securing five and six-figure grants from trusts and foundations, as well as five-figure donations from individuals or corporate supporters.
You are a persuasive communicator, able to represent and advocate for Kidney Cancer UK in meetings with high-value, senior stakeholders. Your relationship management skills have translated into renewed support from Grantmakers including long-term strategic partnerships.
We are a small team, so you’ll need to be a self-starter, able and willing to work flexibly, proactively, creatively and in collaboration with colleagues and external partners. You are a strategic doer and a strong project manager, who strikes an effective balance between leadership, tactics and being hands-on as required.
You have a background in non-profit senior roles and ideally experience within a cancer sector. You will have an indeth working knowledge of all social media platforms.
What The Role Will Envolve
In order to deliver income across grants, corporate supporters and major donors you will:
- Lead on researching and identifying new fundraising opportunities, including identifying opportunities and partnerships for Kidney Cancer UK’s growth and development.
- Draft narrative proposals and budgets to grant makers, engaging other members of staff in relevant proposal development. You will ensure that budgets and activity plans meet Kidney Cancer UK’s resource planning needs and are in-line with our strategic plan.
- Collaborate with charity partners to identify and pursue joint fundraising opportunities, ensuring effective collaboration and fair remuneration for partners
- Lead on developing new fundraising strategies and pipelines for corporate supporters and major donors. You will design a new engagement strategy for corporate supporters alongside our General Manager.
- You will work with our Events & Communications officer to explore how Kidney Cancer UK’s members and supporters can be engaged through these new fundraising strategies.
- You will also take the lead in identifying further opportunities and partnerships for Kidney Cancer UK’s growth.
You will be responsible for end-to-end management of grants. This includes
- supporting Programme Managers to track set, monitor and track progress against grant objectives and deliverables, as well as to manage project/programme budgets.
- You will draft narrative and financial reports to grant funders, engaging colleagues from across the organisation. This includes handling and communicating sensitive information with partners.
- You will act as the key contact person for grant funders, providing them with regular updates on Kidney Cancer UK’s work outside of contractual reporting requirements.
- You will mentor and support staff to engage in meetings with grant funders and strengthen their experience of grants fundraising processes. Your will focus on effective stewardship to maximise and secure grant renewal opportunities.
As a member of the Senior Management Team you will:
- Play a visible leadership role in Kidney Cancer UK and participate actively in meetings of the senior management team
- Be responsible for overall strategic development and leadership of the fundraising
- Engage with the CEO and contribute to the charity’s quarterly Board meetings
- Line manage the work of Events & Communications Officer ensuring that they receive the training and support they need to excel in their role.
- Ensure that the staff you are line managing are meeting their operational plans, and that these plans are in line with Kidney Cancer UK strategic plan.
Together with the SMT, you will:
- Further develop the organisation’s programme management tools, systems and processes.
- Implement efficient monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Monitor and evaluate programme objectives and key performance indicators in line with grant proposals.
- Identify further opportunities and partnerships for programme growth.
Who Are We
For the over 20 years Kidney Cancer UK has been a consistent, prominent and influential name working to support patients through our patient Support Line, Counselling Service, free Booklets and factsheets and support groups. We champion for the approval of novel drugs for kidney cancer patients, better treatments and a clear treatment pathway. www.kcuk.org.uk
How to Apply
To apply, using the button below, please submit a CV and covering letter (no longer than 2 sides of A4).
Please ensure your email has the subject heading ‘Head of Fundraising’, and that all attachments are sent in PDF format.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held online.Apply Here