Kidney Cancer UK (the Fund) is committed to the provision of good quality, up-to-date, accurate information in a patient-friendly language that is accessible to all kidney cancer patients, their families, friends and carers. The Fund makes this information available by various means, including booklets, factsheets and its website.
The Fund commits to ensure:
- That it produces good quality, accurate and up-to-date information
- All the information produced by the Fund in accordance with the information production system meets the requirements of The Information Standard
- All information products are reviewed for continuing suitability and updated as necessary to ensure they reflect current treatment, recommendations and scientific advances
- All those involved in the production of information at the Fund are aware of and comply with the policy statement and the requirements of The Information Standard
- That it maintains records to show acknowledgement of the policy statement and its implications by all those involved in producing the information.
The Fund will ensure that its commitment to The Information Standard is communicated to all staff, freelancers, contractors and volunteers and the Information Policy Statement will be available on the Fund’s website. All those involved with the production of information will need evidence to show that they have read and understood the policy statement before starting the information production system, and will need to follow set procedures for the production and review of information. These procedures will be audited on an annual basis to ensure they are being followed.
The Board of Trustees and the Chief Operating Officer support the Fund’s commitment to The Information Standard. The Chief Operating Officer has overall management responsibility to ensure that the Fund complies with The Information Standard.
The Fund shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of The Fund.